Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My 30 Day Challenge: Tubeing it old school

I love TED talks. They always make me want to completely rebuild my life - or rather, they make me believe that I can, that we can all make huge changes. The risk is, of course, that you spend so long watching TED talks that you never get around to making any of those changes a reality.

This one here is pretty cool, and brilliantly illustrates the power of the baby step:



I've been thinking for a while about giving this a try. I've been waiting for an appropriate challenge to suggest itself. I was looking for something that would enrich my life and help my self-discipline. I have come to realise that my self-discipline is sorely lacking, and it's one of my weakest points overall. I know it's like a muscle, that I have to exercise it, but to be honest, like physical exercise, I think about it and wish for it more than I do anything about it.

So, the first 30-day challenge to help me exercise my self-will in small ways. Here goes, deep breath. 

I am giving up youtube for 30 days. Yes, that's right - no more aimless browsing of interviews, comedy clips and trailers. If I want to watch something, I can buy it or watch it on tv. When I'm watching stuff on youtube, I'm usually just wasting time rather than really engaging with a programme. So for the next 30 days, I will not watch one single youtube video. (Note: unless I need to watch something for work. But that's only permitted if it's really, really boring.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some Amazon purchases to make...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...