Thursday, September 10, 2015

Assorted thoughts

::I've got the sound of silence ringing in my ears. It's very very loud, deafening even, but I realise I've been drowning it out with inane tv for the last days and it's probably time to get to know the sound again.::

::Meditation, cups of tea, reading, walks, roast butternut squash. These things are good. Alcohol and wallowing and not getting dressed. These things are bad.::

::Washing up is strangely therapeutic.::

::Postponing unpleasant tasks does not make them any easier, but under certain circumstances it can give you the time to build the emotional strength.::

::Loneliness is a rather bipolar companion, at times restful and at times violently painful.::

::And whatever is happening, the Earth rolls on, the clouds roll by and the minute hand rolls round. However much you want them to go in the opposite direction.::

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you need a new and more social hobby. Choir? Knitting group? Dance class? Book group. You also need radio 4 rather than inane tv and a night out with the girls. Where are you now? Chin up chuck Eleanor xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support and encouragement! I'm in my last days in Brussels, I'll be moving to the UK over the weekend and will be staying with my mother for a few days so will have much less scope for wallowing.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...