Thursday, January 24, 2013

No-poo update: Month Five

Is it really only five months? It feels a lot longer.

I am now washing my hair twice a week with just water, followed with a dilute lemon juice rinse. I have found that if I don't use an acid rinse, my hair is dull and difficult to manage.

I sometimes neglect the mid-week wash and only wash it on the weekends, which leaves it looking a little greasy. If I wash thoroughly twice a week it looks totally normal - perhaps the way most people's hair looks on the day after washing it, not quite squeaky clean but not noticeably oily. I have also found that I can't rush the water wash - I need to spend a good five minutes massaging my scalp and hair under the water stream.

At this point, I don't have any expectation of going back to shampoo. I have reached a manageable routine and plan to stick to it for the foreseeable future - although at some point I would like to start stretching washes to once a week. The only problem I have at the moment is increased dandruff, but this isn't serious enough to really bother me. It also takes longer to completely dry - several hours, and it remains a bit straggly for about 12 hours until it gets fully dry. The colour also looks darker overall, with my natural highlights enhanced (not visible in the picture, they only become apparent once fully dry)

The picture shows my hair after washing but not yet fully dry, which is why it looks a little straggly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...